About Cheryl S. Davis
Cheryl received her undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at El Paso and her law degree from Texas Tech School of Law. Cheryl has been both a vice president and president of the Border Bankruptcy Bar. A member of the State Bar of Texas, she served in the prestigious position of Law Clerk to Justice Ann McClure of the Eighth Court of Appeals. She has been an officer and member of the El Paso Women's Bar Association and is a member of the College of the State Bar. Cheryl is Board Certified in Consumer Bankruptcy Law in Texas and is licensed in both Texas and New Mexico.
As a native El Pasoan Cheryl is also active in the community, having served as legal counsel to the Amigo Airshow until 2009. She was a member of the mission team for St. Mark's Methodist Church and has been on the board for many local organizations. Cheryl is married to Kirk Davis, a coach at Hanks High School. Her son James served in the U.S. Army. As such, she is sensitive to the needs and concerns of military personnel and their families. She also has three stepchildren and three grandchildren.
- Texas Tech School of Law, Class of 1997, J.D.
- University of Texas-El Paso, Class of 1994, B.S.
- Coronado High School, Class of 1977
Associations & Memberships
- El Paso Bar Association (Board of Directors, 2008—2011)
- Federal Bar Association (Treasurer, 2008—2010)
- Texas Bar Association (Member)
- New Mexico Bar Association (Member)
- El Paso Border Bankruptcy Bar (Member, President, 2010—2011 & 2001—2002, Vice President, 2000—2001, Treasurer 1999—2000)
- El Paso Women's Bar Association (Vice President, 1999—2000)
- College of the State Bar of Texas (Member)
- St. Mark's Methodist Church (International Missions Team Member)
- St. Mark's Methodist School (School Board Member, 2004—2005, Board of Trustees, 2007—2010)
- El Paso Amigo Airshow (Board of Directors, 2003—2006, Legal Counsel, 2003—2009)
- Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Spanish and English
- Admitted in 1997, Texas
- 1999, U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- 2000, New Mexico
- 2001, U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- 2009, Texas Supreme Court of the United States of America
- 2000, New Mexico Supreme Court of the United States of America
- The Law Offices of Cheryl S. Davis, P.C. (formally Leslie & Lay), 1999—Present
- Associate Municipal Court Judge, City of El Paso, TX, 2002—Present
- Law Clerk, Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1997—1999
- Phi Alpha Delta